Friday 5 August 2011

Fun Swap

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone for their commiserations for the  loss of my cat Dino. It's lovely to know that there are so many caring people out in blog land.

In July KCUK had a fun swap. Dot sends out something to the people taking part and we have to make something crafty with it to send to our swap partner, I had to send mine to Darlene. Dot sent us the two money envelopes and the piece of leather on the right of the photo. I was stumped, it took me ages to decide what I was going to do with it, in the end I decided to alter the notebook on the left of the photo.
This is the end result. I covered the notebook with some paper from my stash and coloured it and the envelopes with some rusty hinge and broken china Distress ink. I then stamped a variety of images over the front of the book and envelopes. I attached the envelopes to the front and inside front cover leaving the tops open to make pockets. The next thing I did was to attach a piece of tissue tape and a row of Martha Stewart die cut birds to the top of the envelope. The blue letters were cut with the chip block letters Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations die. I stamped the pattern on the leather using teal blue Stazon and cut the bird out with a Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Die. I had a little bit of leather left so I stamped 3 little birds and cut them out to use as embellishments. I decorated a tag/bookmark the same way as the notebook to fit into the front pocket.
The stamps that I used are by TJ Designs, Inkadinkado, Crafty Individuals and Penny Black.
The notebook and bookmark.
Inside the notebook

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely to see some better photos of this, Hazel. It's gorgeous and I bet it's so much nicer in real life. I got some of that leather, too, so must play when I get back. I have loads of money envies, too - always intended to make a book with them so maybe this will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job with this, love your notebook! The blogger community is really good, most people are very kind, considerate and generous! Hope you are feeling better today. Hus, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi....this is beautiful! The pocket with the tag is adorable and I love the birds. So vintage and chic, love it!

    Have a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on using those envelopes I was sent some and they had me stumped :(.Sorry to hear the passing of Dino always a sad thing to deal with
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project, have not had time to join in any KCUK swaps for ages hope soon life settles and I can get back into it! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous Hazel! I love the bird, and the colours are beautiful! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel. Wow! How creative are you. Love your finished projects. The notebook is inspiring.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job you did with those envelopes & the leather piece Hazel! Your notebook is beautiful! Think I might NEED that MS bird punch! Lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel,
    No wonder Darlene loves her swap!!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one Hazel. the colours are fabulous as well as the design
    Did you grab your freebie this weekend from my Dezinaworld blog? if not, please feel free to help yourself.
    hope you have a wonderful week
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete