Monday 1 August 2011

Material Girl

I've made this hanging for the Just For Fun  challenge, the theme this week is fabric and/or fibres. I stamped the image onto a piece of fabric and then attached it to another piece of fabric by using one of the fancy stitches on my sewing machine. I've had the machine for about 27 years and it doesn't get much use anymore. I attached the material to the card then wrapped some fibre round in such a way that it formed a hangy piece. Then I attached some diecut flowers and butterflies and some gems. I attached a metal tag but I'm going to remove it as I don't think it looks right. I enjoyed making this so my poor unused sewing machine may find a new lease of life.
The stamp that I used is by Paperbag Studios.
The punches that I used for the flowers and butterflies are Martha Stewart punches.
For the flourish I use a Marianne Design die.

8 comments:

  1. Great hanging, love the colours, too. My sewing machine is almost 40, and very heavy, so doesn't get used much anymore either. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just lovely Hazel and the decorative stitching just perfect :)
    Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Just for Fun
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hanging Hazel love your use of fabric and fibre here, thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel love it ! Great colours texture and stamping, beautiful piece.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning piece of fabric art! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel. This is soooo lovely.
    Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours, stamping and feel of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something about that stamp that says it is "just right" for this fabric hanging. The hat looks 3 dimensional to me. Love the frame of flowers. A great hanging Hazel. Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete