Friday 29 July 2011

Bathing Beauties

This is one of this months projects that I've made for GECKO GALZ. I've used the Bathing Beauties Ephemera Collection.
I started of with a wooden frame and painted it with Peony and Clam shell Eco Green acrylic paint using the distressed technique. I painted the inside of the frame with lake and the top of the frame with blueberry acrylic paint. I then went over the frame with weathered wood Distress ink to make it look a bit more shabbier.
Then using the images that I'd cut out, some string and net material I attached them so that the material overlapped the images and string. Then I attached some shells, starfish and a seahorse and anchor charm. The words are cut from the ephemera sheet and have been coloured with Distress ink and embossed all over. I stamped the seagull, cut it out and attached it to the top of the frame. Not sure who made the stamp.

12 comments:

  1. gorgeous Hazel. looks like a lot of thought and work (and enjoyment) went into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just gonna say similar to Carol - it's gorgeous and looks like a lot of planning was involved. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, the colours, the images the whole composition is just perfect


    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, love it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting creation Hazel !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of gorgeous creations to catch up with Hazel! This piece is absolutely stunning! I love those vintage images! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful Hazel, so detailed and I love the depth of the whole piece - great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, Hazel, this is fabulous!The fabric is perfect and I love that you used different "beauties" in your piece! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must have missed this and all I can say is WOW (but will add "I love it"). Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete