Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Mixed Media Wednesday

Today it's my turn to share a project for Mixed Media Wednesday over at Mixed Media Mojo.

I covered a 7"x 5" canvas board with dictionary paper, when the glue was dry I stuck down pieces of very sticky masking tape and pulled it of, this removed some of the paper leaving some of the underside, that had stuck to the glue, showing, I also scraped bits of with my finger nail.

I gave the page a wash with watered down acrylic paint and put other colours on with my finger.

I stamped some crackle and flowers, then I splattered some white acrylic paint over it.

The flower and sentiment were stamped and embossed. I used the stem of the flower to go round the edge, The butterflies were stamped onto previously coloured card and cut out, I painted a glossy accents over them.

Items used:
DecoArt - acrylic paint.
Kaiserkraft - crackle stamp.
Visible Image - flower and sentiment stamp.
Innovative Stamp Creations - butterflies.
Archival Ink - black and French ultramarine.


  1. Wonderful ideas on this terrific project

    Love Chrissie xx

  2. This is gorgeous Hazel! xxx

  3. Wonderful project Hazel,love the colours and everything else about, too! Hugs, Valerie

  4. This is fabulous, Hazel.

  5. ¡Las mariposas quedaron realmente bellas!
    Gran abrazo para ti :)

  6. More gorgeousness Hazel, just love everything about it :) xx

  7. So loved seeing how you did this gorgeous piece. I would never have thought to take the stem around the edges - looks fabulous. I have a stem I'm gonna try that with someday too!!!! LOVELY. j.