Friday 1 March 2019

Altered Wooden Clock

Good morning everyone, it’s March 1st already and time for the latest  Altered Eclectics challenge, as always the theme is anything goes as long as it’s altered art/mixed media, paper crafts aren’t allowed.
I've altered a wooden clock for my DT project.


I found this wooden clock in a local charity shop.


I gave the clock a coat of gesso then a coat of Decoart paynes grey acrylic paint, I then gave it a coat of Weathered Wood crackle medium and a coat of Decoart spa blue acrylic paint, I waited for the cracks to appear, I wasn't happy with the crackle, I must have put the crackle medium on too thick as the cracks are quite wide.


I covered the clock with a napkin that has blue roses on it.


I sprayed some cofffee shop Glimmer mist at the bottom of the clock and added some washi tape.


To decorate the clock I used my finger to spread some Imagination Craft moonlight black wax over some silver metal flowers and a paper flower that had been sprayed with moonlight Glimmer Mist. I also used my finger to spread a little treasure pewter on the edges of the clock.


Thank you for dropping by to take a look, have a lovely day. xxx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful alteration! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crackled clock Hazel, it looks amazing and is a fabulous piece to welcome the warmer weather with those gorgeous roses on it. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous alteration Hazel, it looks beautiful.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely beautiful Hazel. Very clever altering involved.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a transformation from bland to beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing transformation Hazel! It looks beautiful now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid transformation, Hazel! I've never thought about picking up items for upcycling from a charity store, must do that soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful altered clock Hazel. I love your design and choice of materials. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I was about to throw away an old clock - keeping it now - you have inspired me!! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete