Tuesday 21 August 2018

Butterflies and Bugs Art Journal Page

Good morning everyone, today I have a journal page to share with you.
I'd like to enter it in Elizabeth's Count Your Blessings challenge at Art Journal Journey I think butterflies and bugs are a blessing, there seems to have been a lot of butterflies this year and it's been lovely sitting in the garden watching them and the bugs going about their business.


I used acrylic paint on the background using my finger and brushes to apply the paint, I added some scribbling, I stamped the Tim Holtz bugs with black Archival ink and I stapled the lovely Gecko Galz butterfly image to some card and adhered it to the page. I added some frayed material, a word sticker and some remnant rubs.

Thank you for dropping by to take a look, you're all very welcome. xxx

8 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! This is simply AMAZING Hazel! What an adorable page!So artsy!!! I am totally in love with it and you just make me happy to link to Art Journal Journey again! We appreciate your participation always so much! Thank you!
    Have a happy day and week Hazel!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page, love the wonderful background. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome page Hazel. I love the background even though I am not fond of insects. The butterfly addition is beautiful and so are the words you added.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in AWE of this beautiful Art Journal Journey entry, Hazel. The background itself is a work of art. The stamped bugs are adorable, and the butterflies, caught on the page with staples (a technique I love) was brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is fabulous! I love the butterflies but the bugs remind me of the ants who came swarming into my craft room one day when I opened the window! I love how you added the words too! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bugs! It's a fab page Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this page is amazing,love the butterflis and the super backround.
    happy weekend.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool buggy layers (though the beetles look uncomfortably like vine weevils - hate them and what they do to my houseplants if they get in!) - and your butterflies are so delicately pretty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete