Monday 22 July 2019

SPA - Texture

  Texture is this weeks theme for the Sunday Postcard Art  challenge.


I used a stencil with some texture paste on the background and coloured it with watered Scribble Sticks, I let it dry and built up layers of colour drying each layer before adding more colour. I painted some tissue paper with white acrylic paint, when the paint was dry I stamped some Stampendous flowers on the side with no paint. I tore round the images and adhered them to the card. I coloured the flowers with Pitt pens and coloured pencils. I added some tissue tape for the Tim Holtz paper doll to stand on, I coloured her dress with pencil. I also splattered the card with silver paint, I’m glad it doesn’t show up on the photo as it looks like snow and I don’t like it,

Thank you for dropping by to take a look, have a lovely week. xxx


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece Hazel, love the texture you achieved. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Hazel, this is stunning, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is right what a great card beautiful work...love the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic. Great colors and texture in this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beauty, Hazel. That texture paste really pops and adds so much to it. Gorgeous.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've done this, with that texture shining through the layers of colours and images... the flowers look completely amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet heart on her wonderland. Beautiful post card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous texture on this it makes the card lively and gives the impression the young lady is capable of mischief at any moment! xx

    ReplyDelete