Saturday 7 July 2018

Go Flamingo

Marieke Blockland took the first lesson at the Art Journal Summer School 2018, Go Flamingo is the title. I enjoyed this lesson apart from finding out that the journal I'm using doesn't like water colours especially where I've rubbed out part of my drawings and taken the top layer of paper of.

I'm entering my flamingos in the Art Journey Journey Art For Arts Sake challenge hosted by Chris.


I started colouring with watercolour and ended up using coloured pencils.
The quote says
Be a Flamingo, stay balanced, stand by your flock and always be fabulous.

Thank you for dropping by to take a look, enjoy the fabulous weather that we're having and have a good weekend. xxx

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic journal pages Hazel, love the flamingos. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

  2. A fantastic spread Hazel! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. It's a rare beauty.Happy weekend!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink flamingos on your fantastic journal spread Hazel.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is glorious, Hazel. I've had papers that were so thin, or made of inferior paper that did the same thing. I didn't notice any problems in your lovely flamingo spread. Between the lovely leaves, the watermelon, and the flamingos, this is stunning. I adore the composition. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous flamingos Hazel! It's a gorgeous spread! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has really made me smile! Those flamingos look so happy - must be the compliment you gave them! Thank you so much for this fabulous page for Art For Arts Sake! Hugs Chrisx

    ReplyDelete