Sunday 8 April 2018

AJJ - Recycle and Collage

Good morning all, I hope you're having a good weekend, I had a great day at Ally Pally yesterday, it was lovely catching up with people that I haven't seen for a while and buying new goodies to add to my huge craft stash.

On Wednesday I had a lovely day being creative with my my friend Alison/Craftytrog, she's hosting this months Art Journal Journey challenge, the theme that she's chosen is Recycle and Collage. I made an art journal page, it has a little bit of collage on it so I'm entering it in the challenge.


The background was a mop up page in one of my journals, I adhered a strip of patterned paper on the left hand side of the page and added some stencilling and some stamping with black Archival ink, I then added some strips of patterned paper and the lovely green butterflies that I found on some paper in my stash. The words were stamped onto white paper with Finnabair stamps and I added some remnant rubs. I gave the page a coat of matte medium and when it had dried I used my pitt pens to add some shading.

Thank you for dropping by to take a look, have a lovely Sunday. xxx Hazel.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time at Ally Pally. Your journal page is wonderful. Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic beautiful page with the recycle page with recycle!!!!
    I wish you a nice Sunday
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is simply amazing - I love every detail about it! So beautiful created dear Hazel!
    Happy Sunday and thank you very much for joining us at Art Journal Journey for your arty / crafty friend's Challenge !
    Always a pleasure to see you linking to us!
    Hugs,Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you must have had at Ally Pally. I know a couple of my other European friends who got to go, too.

    This is a fabulous page. I was most impressed with the butterflies and the shading. They caught my eye right away. This is a great entry for Alison's theme and we are simply thrilled you chose to share it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful recycled page the colours and the butterflies look lovely. It sounds like you have had some good days out with friends.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally stunning page Hazel, love everything about it. Your butterflies are superbly beautiful.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a lovely couple of days dear friend, and I loved watching you create this beautiful page you made for my challenge at AJJ!
    Hugs,
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page Hazel, love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete