Tuesday 22 May 2018

Busy Bees Art Journal Page

Good morning everyone, a lovely sunny start to the day here, I hope it is where you are. I have a journal page to share with you  today, I’ve made it for the  Art Journal Journey Flora and Fauna challenge.


I coloured the background with gelatos, using a baby wipe to spread the colour. I stencilled some hexagons with a Colour Box stencil and modelling paste, when the paste had dried I coloured it with some brown acrylic ink sprayed with water. I used Paperartsy stamps on the background. The beehive was stamped with a Woodware stamp onto tissue paper, I adhered it to the page and coloured it with Pitt pens. The Stampotique bees were stamped onto white card, coloured and cut out, I put some stickles on the wings. I added some remnant rubs and Carabelle Studio sentiment.

Thank you for dropping by, have a lovely day. xxx Hazel.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning page! You have captured such beauty in your busy bee design from the richness of the colours to the stamping detail in the background, to the beautiful flowers and bees! The way you have created the texture of the honeycomb using the tissue paper is amazing too - I love it 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you have always the most beautiful and artsy pages Hazel! This one is no exception! Just gorgeous with all the brilliant techniques you used! Amazing! So happy you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Hazel! What a great page - I really love this! Every element goes so well with the others and I bet the texture is amazing. Gorgeous work :-)

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous page Hazel. I love the texture of the background. The stamps you used of the beehive and bees are fantastic.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a magnificent journal page Hazel. The tiny bees in the background compliment to large ones with wings that seem to flutter in the breeze. There is SO much going on that I was constantly seeing something new each time I looked at it. I was simply thrilled you joined us again at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last weekend I visited a beautiful garden and there were bees too with flowers as on your beatiful page. You could buy the honey in a little shop. So I love your beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete