Tuesday 27 September 2016

Try It On Tuesday - Guest Designer

I was thrilled to find that a tag I'd made had been chosen as one of the top 5 in the Try It On Tuesday Book Pages challenge and I was even more thrilled when I was asked to be a guest designer.


I have made a couple of postcards for my GD spot - the theme of the challenge is Sun/Moon/Stars.


For my sun postcard I used modelling paste with a Memory Box stencil, then I gave it a coat of gesso. To colour the background I used acrylic ink sprayed with water.


I kept adding more ink and water until I got the colours that I liked.


I stamped the PaperArtsy flower onto some white card twice, I coloured the flowers with the inks and cut them out, I glued one of the flowers to the card and then I cut the outer petals of the second flower and glued it over the first flower.


My moon and stars postcard was made the same way as the sun card.


I used a Crafters Workshop stencil with the modelling paste and used acrylic ink to colour it. I dry brushed some white acrylic paint over the top of the stars and then I added some stickles to the stars. The Clarity stamp moon was stamped onto white card, coloured with watercolours, cut out and attached to the card with thick double sided tape. I wrote the W. Clement Stone quote and added it to the card.


Please take a look at the challenge to see the fabulous samples that the very talented design team have made and I hope you can enter the challenge as well.

14 comments:

  1. Both pieces are wonderful, lovely to have you with us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Hazel. The textures and designs are fantastic. Thank you for being our Guest Designer this time.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Hazel! Sooo glad you are our Guest Designer over at TIOT. Crafty hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both super Hazel. I love all that texture. Great colours and I particularly like the colours on the first. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic cards, Hazel! Great textures and beautiful designs. Thank you for being our Guest Designer for this challenge. Mar xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel, Love these two fabulous pieces, both full of gorgeous textures and colours. Thank you for joining us as our Guest Designer for this challenge.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both is stunning Hazel! Absoultely gorgeous projects!
    Happy rest of the week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are fabulous and it's great that you are guest designer this time. I especially love the sun shining onto the sunflower - so beautiful! Chrisx ps Apologies for getting here so late!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congrats on your guest spot - and what wonderful postcards for the theme. I especially love those fabulous textured rays in such glowing colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both stunning pieces Hazel and great to have you as guest designer

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Hazel. Fabulous pieces created for your guest spot xx

    ReplyDelete