Tuesday 21 October 2014

Halloween Journal Page

Today I'd like to share with you my Halloween journal page - I had great fun making it.

I'm linking it to the following challenges
Artist Trading Post - Halloween.
That's Crafty - Spooky.
Order Of The Opus Gluei - Ghostly Goings On.
Make My Monday - Halloween.
Haunted Design House - Hellacious Halloween.


I started by painting the page with gesso and then I used an Andy Skinner skull mask with some modelling paste. When everything had dried I sprayed it with different colours of Dylusion ink. I used an orange Zig felt tip pen to make some flames at the bottom of the page. The bats and web were stamped straight onto the page, all the other images were stamped onto tissue paper and glued to the page. I made a wash with black acrylic paint and water and painted it over the skull, when I mopped up some of the  wash it took some of the inks away and I rather like the effect it had on the skull.

The stamps I used are
Stampotique - the spider.
Inkadinkado - the two graves at the bottom of the page, on says "I'll be back" and the other one says "Holy smoke, it's hot down here.
Cherry Pie Art Stamps - bats, skeletons, gravestones,

16 comments:

  1. This is amazing Hazel--love how the skull stands out and the way the colour come through as well.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vivid colour on your page, Hazel. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Halloween journal page - now that is spooky!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I haven't attempted journal pages - I'm still stuck on ATCs - but I'm inspired. Love the images you chose and that mask just leaps off the page. Thank for joining us at OG and playing in the Spooky challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page Hazel ! The heat from the colours is amazing, you can almost feel it from here ! Thanks for joining us at ATP Exchange. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo yes! Love your spooky page. Those colours are fabulous! Love the way the skull is hovering above the grave stones. Thank you for joining us at ATP Exchange toni x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic, Hazel. I love your colourful rich background and that skull is really something special! Thanks for joining us again at Opus Gluei!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh wow Hazel this looks fab, love how you've done that skull, amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab creation - perfect for Halloween and our challenge this week at MMM - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! this is amazing!! The colors are just yummy and the stamps, divine! Love, love, love that textured skull! Thanks so much for joining us in the dungeon at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wonderful colours and images used creating a fantastic journal page. Thanks so much for joining us at ATP Exchange. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fab project Hazel :-) love the amazing colours and stamped details, textures. Great to have you join in with our Halloween challenge at ATP
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Hazel! Loving your spooky journal page! The colours in the background are simply gorgeous and the skull looks amazing.
    Hugs, Juliaxx
    (Thanks so much for sharing with us at the ATP Exchange)
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovin the colours on this Hazel. Thanks for playing with us in the Dungeon at HDH.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Hazel, what a rich and vibrant art journal page. I LOVE what the inks and the wiping did for that skull, it really catches your attention and that it has dimension is another great touch. You've given me inspiration for my art journal, thank you so much for taking time to seek out and then play with us at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete