Wednesday 22 August 2012

Creative Expressions Texture/The Secret Garden


This is a canvas that I've made for the Creative Expressions 2012 Design Team call. They want to see some texture of some sort on the piece of work, I used texture embossing paste.


I started by spraying the canvas with various colours of Dylusions inks, when it had dried I stamped some crackle with a Tattered Angels stamp. I have an old copy of the Secret Garden that I found in a charity shop and tore out a page and adhered it to the canvas, then I added the texture with a Crafters Workshop stencil and some Dreamweaver Crackle Embossing Paste. When this had dried I lightly coloured it with picked raspberry Distress ink and wiped off the excess with a damp cloth.
I stamped the image [Paper Inspirations] onto card that I'd coloured with different coloured inks and lightened the face with water then I adhered it to the canvas.
I die cut the grungeboard branch with the Bird Branch Sizziz/Alterations die. This was coloured with Distress stains and felt tips. I coloured some card with wild honey, worn lipstick and peeled paint Distress ink, then I die cut the roses and leaves with the Sizzix/Alterations Tattered Pinecone die. I made the roses and adhered them to the canvas.
The butterflies [La Blanche] were stamped onto coloured card, cut out and adhered to the canvas.
I then found the words that I wanted in the book and tore them out and adhered them to the canvas.


This is a closer look at the embossing paste.

I'm entering my canvas in the
Simon Says Stamp And Show No Rules Challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous canvas, good luck with the DT call! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Hazel this is absolutely stunning !!!!! What a gorgeous piece of art, so many fab techniques on here and all beautifully executed. Your attention to detail and eye for colour and design is perfection. Wishing you good luck with this DT call .

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oh my Hazel this is totally amazing. I don't know where to start looking to take in all the wonderful detail. You have excelled yourself here I am totally in awe of it. Julia xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!

    So much depth and so nicely coloured.

    Good luck

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel that is an incredible creation, absolutely stunning work indeed. I really love how you got the texture and the color coming through, beautiful !
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel
    What a fantastic bit of art very different and interesting. I love the play with colours and texture.
    Good luck
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is fabulous Hazel! I love how you've used the paste on this, it really stands out.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beyond stunning!!!! I LOVE all the textures and details! The Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge! - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Hasel, this is just beautiful. Love everything about it. All the elements work so well together. Hope you are having a fab week. I gentle invite you to visit my Blogspot Bettyscraftsandpaperdesign and Dream Crafty Online Shop "Hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.de" It would be a glory for me, if you linked my Online Banner on your glamorous Blogspot. So it make it possible, all the creativ, friends worldwide, find my dream online shop too! Many Hugs from Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just amazing Hazel you have certainly got texture, colour
    and lots of other very beautiful things on this piece.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks as though you had a great time creating this Hazel. Lovely textured canvas - that crackle embossing paste works brilliantly. Good luck with your DT call

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic canvas Hazel, the texture looks amazing! xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Hazel, great to see you applying for the 2012 DT. Fabulous canvas, I love using texture paste and you have used it beautifully here. Love your use of text from the book and use of colour, great stamping too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Hazel you have put a lot of work into this, it is fab

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's fabulous Hazel soo much texture, good luck with the call, I think they would be very lucky to have you on the team :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete