Saturday 1 June 2019

Decorated Hand

Good morning all, it’s the first of June so it’s time for the latest challenge at Altered Eclectics, as always the theme is Anything Goes as long as the projects are mixed media/altered art, no cards ATCs etc are allowed.

For my DT piece I've decorated a papier-mache hand.


I started by giving the hand a coat of white gesso.


Then I adhered some scraps of paper napkins and rice paper.

This is the front of the hand.


This is the back of the hand.


Then I did a couple of things that I wished I hadn't done - I coloured parts of the hand with turquoise paint and then I went a bit mad with some white and gold splatters.


I added some flowers to the base.


A close up of the flowers and splatters.


Thank you all for dropping by to take a look, have a lovely day. xxx

5 comments:

  1. Your hand is absolutely FABULOUS - BIG wow! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is an gorgeous project Hazel. I love how you created this with all the layers of napkins and papers.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely and very eye catching piece of mixed media art work. Like it without the paint and with the paint so it is a win win situation either way for me.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning project . Love the design. Have a creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete