Monday 30 January 2017

SPA - Sepia

It's been a while since I entered the Sunday Postcard Art challenge, the latest theme has been chosen by Rosie and she has chosen Sepia.


I started by gluing some gauze to the card and then gave it a coat of gesso. I put some acrylic ink at the top of the card and sprayed with water so that I could let the ink run down the card - I used three colours and dried each colour before adding the next one. I added some script and white splatters. The flower [Stampers Anonymous] was stamped onto white card, coloured with distress ink, cut out and glued to the card, I also stapled the stem. The words [Paperartsy] were stamped onto white card and cut out.

Thank you for dropping by.
xxx Hazel.



16 comments:

  1. Wow Hazel this looks fantastic! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, your postcard is so marvelous! All the textures and sepia tones and details are amazing. A garden in winter must work all the harder to bring forth glory where we mostly cannot get past the bitter cold. A beautiful postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Hazel. I'm blown away. it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is absolutely gorgeous Hazel, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and those staples finish it off perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing colours and textures on this stunning postcard

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a beautiful card Hazel, lovely texture and details.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sepia and other tones here -this is stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love the grungy textures on this. Still so detailed even in monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Hazel! I love the textures you've created, and all the wonderful rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely a beautiful postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your paper/glue/scissors work here, Hazel. Great floral stamp, but your behind-the-scenes work set the stage perfectly for her to bloom! This is art!!

    ReplyDelete