Saturday 1 August 2015

Altered Book Pages

It's the first of the month so it's time for a new challenge at Altered Eclectics, as always the theme is Anything Goes as long as it's mixed media/altered art - no cards allowed.

For my DT piece I've altered some book pages. I've been wanting to do some page folding for a long time so I found a pattern on the Internet and found a book the size I needed. It was a lot easier to do than I thought it would be and didn't take very long.


I decided to keep the cover simple, I covered the spine with some crumpled tissue paper, painted it black and when it was dried I spread some Treasure Brass over the raised areas. I covered the front and back with some patterned paper that I'd stamped with some butterflies and postmark stamps
.

I used a Stampendous stamp for the butterfly and a PaperArtsy stamp for the postmark,

The rest of my DT teamies have made some lovely inspirational pieces so why not pop over to Altered Eclectics to take a look.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful project. Hugs, Vickie Y AE DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work Hazel, love how you made this, what a lot of work! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing, Hazel. I'll take your word that it looks harder than it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic! It does look difficult to do and I am in awe of your talent. You say it was not difficult but I am not sure I would ever be able to create something like this.
    Wow!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete