Friday 1 December 2017

Christmas Coasters

Good morning everybody - I can't believe that it's December already, the year has flown by and the weather has turned very wintry - it's bitterly cold and we had our first snow yesterday.

Today I'm sharing with you some Christmas coasters that I've made for the Altered Eclectics design team. As always the challenge is Anything Goes as long as its Mixed Media or Altered Art - cards are not accepted.


I used beer mat blanks for the coasters.


I was going to paint the mats but decided to cover them with some gelli prints instead.


For the toppers I used a brayer with acrylic paint to colour some card, I also stencilled some stars with Imagination Craft Starlight paint. I stamped the images with black Archival ink.


I stamped the images onto white copy paper, coloured them with pitt pens and cut them out.


I glued the toppers to the mats.


Then I glued the cut out images onto the images on the mats.


The last thing I did was to give the mats a few coats of Decoart polyurethane varnish.

I enjoyed making the mats and will be making more.

Stamps used:
Artemeo - holly.
Inca Stamps - poinsettia.
Paperartsy/Zinski - Rudolf

Thank you dropping by, why not pop over to Altered Eclectics to take a look at the wonderful inspirational pieces that the rest of the DT have made.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coasters Hazel. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are fabulous Hazel. Love the process you used to get to the end product. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a fabulous set of Christmas coasters, they would be a great gift idea as well
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these are gorgeous. will be a shame to cover them cups of tea or the glass of wine lol. Love them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bold, bright, festive coasters - such fun!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these Hazel!! Especially the reindeer :) love the gelli plate prints too, Jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came by way of Gecko Galz. Congratulations on being their winner. I peeped about a bit and really love all the post designs. These coasters are adorable. I especially love the pops of red. They are so festive. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh just seen these! They're super fun Hazel. I really like the way you used the gelli plate prints. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete