Tuesday 1 August 2017

Altered iPad Cover

Hi everyone, it's been over a year since I've made anything for the Altered Eclectics Design Team, but now I'm back and for my first project I thought I would give my tatty old iPad cover a new look.


This is my iPad in it's altered case and below it is the old tatty case.


The first thing I did was to glue together all the bits that were falling apart.


I gave it a coat of white gesso and covered it with some lovely Imagination Crafts rice paper.


I added layers of acrylic paint, stencilling and stamping.


I used Stampendous stamps and dies for the butterflies. The butterflies were glued to the cover and I gave it a coat of matte medium, when this had dried I coloured the butterflies with Pitt pens and added some word stickers.


Thank you for dropping by, why not pop over to the Altered Eclectics blog to take a look at the lovely projects that the rest of the design team have made.
xxx Hazel.


15 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea..my I-pad cover is the same one and would definitely look better for a make over.. Thank you for the inspiration

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a transformation. It has a whole new lease of life. I love the turquoise with the bright colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic transformation Hazel, you certainly will be able to see where your iPad is at a quick glance. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful alteration, really brilliant! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It looks amazing Hazel!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great before and after look, very creative indeed. Greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic transformation and what a lovely idea. I love your design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible makeover, Hazel - wow! I've got a cover just like that, except in dull black (I was given it along with the iPad, so I know I shouldn't grumble, but...!!). I'm very tempted to go and get messy with it now. Beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowsers this is fantastic- turning something so old and well used and giving a whole new lease of life - love it sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a fabulous project Hazel and a great idea.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful alteration...beautiful colours.
    Lovely to see you back on the team..x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your altered cover. Looks fantastic. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Hazel! I love it, so bright and totally transformed, Jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Hazel! What an awesome idea! You really turned this into a work of art and I love every inch of it! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just saw your iPad cover over on Altered Electics whilst adding my entry and thought how good it looked. This is something I really must do . If you think your cover was tatty you should see mine!!! Lol. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs ValeryAnne.

    ReplyDelete