Thursday 30 October 2014

Less Is More - Newsprint

Was just finishing this card yesterday when the two RAF jets flew through the sound barrier intercepting the Latvian cargo plane - it was very loud and a good job I'd finished with the scissors.

This weeks challenge at Less Is More is to use newsprint.


I've made a Christmas card using my favorite Christmas stamp [PSX], I've had it for years and always manage to use it every Christmas.

I stamped the script [stamp unknown] with festive berries and forest moss distress ink.
I stamped and embossed the image onto a book page, cut it out and adhered it to the card, then I added some gold beads, narrow ribbon and stamped the greeting.

16 comments:

  1. That sounds exciting with the planes. I live near the airport, so love watching them here. Gorgeous card, great way you used the newsprint. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Hazel; I love it!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an elegant card, Hazel. Love the two-tone ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Hazel, a simply beautiful design !! Thanks also for displaying the UK Stampers Forum banner !

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh... I like this A LOT!!!!
    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I can't believe how patient you are cutting that image out, well worth it though, looks fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your newsy poinsettias Hazel, it's a great design!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful and I like the little touches of gold and red.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous stamp and you've given it a stylish new look in newsprint Hazel!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must have been very scary for you Hazel.

    This is a truly classy card--love the idea of using the paper that way

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the newsprint, so creative. Thanks for stopping by to leave me a sweet comment too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb fussy cut newsprint flowers and a classy make all round.
    Those planes can scare the life out of you can't they? They fly over our house too and come from nowhere.
    Sorry I didn't get to you last week with being away but thanks for joining the challenge.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great idea with the newsprint.....I may steal that technique...luv the outcome

    ReplyDelete