Wednesday 15 August 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow

One of my DT pieces for Gecko Galz this month is a wall hanging.
The Gecko Galz products that I used are
Images and butterflies are from the How Does My Garden Grow collage sheet.
Beauty background paper.


I painted a canvas with acrylic paint then stencilled spots using a Crafters Workshop stencil, then I stamped some ferns [ stamp unknown] with olive Archival ink. I tore a piece of background paper and adhered it to the canvas then I coloured some white lace flowers with worn lipstick Distress stain and adhered it to the canvas. I distressed the edges of the images and edged them with vintage photo Distress ink. I used a Sizix flower pot die and coloured the flowerpots with watercolour. I used a Sizix Tattered Pinecone die for the roses and leaves. The butterflies were cut out and covered with frosted lace Stickles. I adhered all the elements to the canvas and added some flowers from stash and some black gems.The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of corrugated card with a stamp from the Studio 490/Wendy Vecchi Sentimental Art stamp set. I then adhered the canvas to a large piece of corrugated card.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel. Wow! Your hanging is Gorgeous!!! Brilliant composition. Really love this. TFS.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, Hazel. Love the corrugated card - it makes a wonderful backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely detailed artwork Hazel. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely canvas, what a lot of pretty details! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Hazel, so much going on, so much to look at - what a fantastic hanging - gorgeous

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Hazel. Such a lot of work has gone into it too, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Hazel lots of layers and interest XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Hazel! I love all the bright colours, and so many gorgeous things to look at.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful piece of collage art Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a stunner Hazel. corrugated card makes such a wonderfully organic background for things like this. lovely mixture of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful Hazel so many things to look at and beautiful shades.

    Love Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This hanging is outstanding....I love the layers and how it still sows everything off perfectly. Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your wall hanging, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete