Wednesday 18 July 2012

Distressed Summer/Nature ATCs

Distressed Summer/Nature is the theme for the July Paperplay group ATC swap.
The backgrounds for my ATCs were inked up ages ago and I can't remember what inks and colours I used.


Dragonfly ATC. I stamped ferns [unknown] on the ATC and stamped flowers [ Stamp Bug] with acrylic paint, I also used a crackle stamp [Tattered Angels]. I used a Dreamweaver dragonfly brass stencil with some Dreamweaver Crackle Embossing Paste. I was going to put some colour on the dragonfly when it dried, but decided to leave it as I liked the way the wet paste had soaked up some of the background colour. I edged the ATC with stormy sky Distress ink.
Fern ATC. This was made exactly the same way as the dragonfly except that I used a Crafters Workshop fern stencil and I added a small leaf charm.


Bumble Bee ATC. I stamped the small bee [Stampotique] onto the ATC and scraped some acrylic paint over it. When the paint was dry I stamped the sequin waste [The Artistic Stamper] with spiced marmalade Distress ink. The large Bee [Stampotique] was stamped onto white card and coloured with the spiced marmalade. After I cut it out I added Stickles to the wings and adhered it to the ATC.


Rose ATC. The background stamps that I used are by The Stamp Bug and Tattered Angels. I used a Dreamweaver Rose brass stencil with the Dreamweaver Crackle Embossing Paste. I embellished it with a Tando Creative mini butterfly embossed with Frantage shabby pink embossing enamel.

I'm entering my ATCs in the Simon Says Stamp and Show No Rules challenge.

20 comments:

  1. They are absolutely gorgeous and look much much better in real life.

    Thanks for playing along again this month Hazel.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous ATC's Hazel and I love your backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these especially the ones with the cracked EP XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are totally and absolutely gorgeous! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so beautiful Hazel. I love the butterfly one and the gorgeous crackled effects. Wow !!
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous atc the backgrounds are gorgeous. But when are youi going to show the desk you make them on and join in WOYWW at the stamping ground
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oww they are rather desirable Hazel :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply lovely, I have a big soft spot for the embossing paste, seems you may have too :0) Hazel, these are beautiful, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel...love your ATCs. They are so lovely with their textured backgrounds. Love the colors you've chosen to use on these. I also love the different patterns and and stamping you've done as well. Thanks for sharing your ATCs with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. All fantastic. My favourite is the last one with the butterfly I couldn't stop looking at it.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel. Wow! Love them all. Fabulous backgrounds you have created.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. they're gorgeous Hazel, I'm feeling inspired :o)
    Have a lovely day, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh how your art touches my soul...i dont know what it is exactly, but it just has that effect on me....these are just all so fabulous; i love all the techniques you used.
    Crackle embossing paste ???!!! that is going straight onto the Wish list....thank you for these...hugs G.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these ATC's are all fantastic. Love that crackle texture paste, so cool. Great textures and patterns. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very different and very lovely. Really like how you've done them, x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! They are beautiful. I wish I had the time to enter this swap :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. AW WOW they are gorgeous Hazel!
    Stunning cards;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these Hazel, they're gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so beautiful! The Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge! - Ashli

    ReplyDelete