Tuesday 22 May 2012

Gecko Galz in May

Before I start I'd like to mention that Gecko Galz has a Design Team Call at the moment so if you would like to join the very talented and friendly team and also receive some fabulous collage sheets to work with every month then visit Gecko Galz to find out how. You have until June 1st to apply.
Gecko Galz also have a Papercrafting Group that have lots of challenges and swaps every month, the link to the group is in my left sidebar.

I'd like to share with you a couple of DT pieces that I've made for Gecko Galz.
The first one is an arch hanging using images from Etherial Beauties 2 collage sheet and Shrines, I also used some GG background paper.


I used a ready made papier mache hanging and painted it with white gesso, then I painted it with Eco Green blue patina acrylic paint. I adhered  the backing paper that I'd coloured in places with weathered wood Distress ink.
I resized the shrine so that the image would fit in the aperture. I drew over parts of the shrine with a gold pen and then covered it with Distress Crackle Paint. After adhereing the shrine and image to the hanging I added some gems, braid, dangly beads and some little roses.

My second piece is a Postcard from Paris using images from Parisien Jewels Dominos, Parisian Dreams Ephemera Sheet and the Eiffel Tower image from the Paris Flea Market decos.


I printed the Eiffel Tower onto white card and cut it to postcard size then I coloured the background with Pan Pastels and used a Crafter's Workshop mask to make a pattern. I stamped the Carte Postal with a Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous stamp.
I adhered the domino images to some moutboard and tripple embossed them, I tore the other image and edged it with vintage photo Distress ink.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel. Gorgeous hanging. That is a beautiful image you have used. Fabulous postcard.
    Regards Florence xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, your work is always outstanding....two gorgeous pieces....kisses G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Hazel, Paris is my fave, hope to go there soon when my foot is better! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag and love that Paris postcard.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness me Hazel these pieces are just stunning, what a talented ;lady you are !! So many techniques on these two beauties and i love them both.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Hazel, these are both stunning! I LOVE your wall hanging, it's decorated beautifully, and the background of your postcard is fabulous - these are both wonderful creations.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful pieces Hazel. Love them!
    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on the Paris post card, I love the layout and the yellow burst coming from the centre. the whole piece has a nice vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two stunning creations Hazel but I came here to wish you A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope you have a good one.,
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Hazel what incredible creations!The hanging leaves me speechless! The card is stunning, you have such amazing talent! What a joy to see your art!

    ReplyDelete