Sunday 29 September 2019

A Dotty Landscape

Good morning everyone, I hope you’re having a lovely weekend with lovely weather, it’s very wet where I am.

Before I share my piece with you I must apologise with you all for my lack of commenting on your blogs, I’d decided to have a break from blogging but it wasn’t meant to be as long as two months.

I made my dotty pages for a lesson at the Art Journal Summer School, the theme was inspired by the Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama, she’s the queen of polka dots.

I think I still have time to enter it in the Art Journal Journey challenge - Polka Dots, Stripes, Plaids or Patterns.


I drew the image and coloured it with coloured pencils.

Thank you for dropping by to take a look, have a lovely day. xxx

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome Hazel! Gorgeous! Thank you very much for joinng AJJ this month! Much appreciated! Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic journal spread Hazel, wonderful patterns and colours. Good to see you around again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have time Hazel and I am very very glad you shared this polka-dot page. It is really fantastic. I never thought of making everything polka-dots, but they sure work wonderfully together. Thank you so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of Yayoi Kusama, but you certainly took her concept of polka dots to heart. This is a beautiful oriental inspired landscape and I think it is great. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at
    Art Journal Journey. BTW, you weren't late, but I'm certainly running behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember you starting this page at my house Hazel. It turned out really well. I love it!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dotty landscape is just wonderful, Hazel - soft, colours and so gently whimsical. It makes me smile.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find dots and circles very calming. Love this xx

    ReplyDelete