Monday 16 April 2012

A Sea of Greens

I had a great day at Alexandra Palace on Saturday, met lots of lovely people, watched some great demonstrations and of course spent a little bit of money. Amongst the goodies that I bought were some Pan Pastels. I never thought that I needed them until I saw them being demonstrated, now I'm hooked.
The Artful Times latest challenge theme is A Sea of Greens and as I had two greens in the Pan Pastels that I'd bought I decided to see what I could do with them and this is the result.


I coloured some white card with the paler green Pan Pastel and then I stencilled some Versamark through a lovely Crafters Workshop fern mask and then I carefully went over the Versamark with the darker green Pan Pastel. I sprayed some cheap hairspray over the card to seal the pastels. I edged the card with shabby shutters and forest moss Distress ink. I liked the effect that I'd got so decided to keep the card simple and just added the PaperArtsy sentiment, some flowers and some ribbon that I'd dyed with Distress Stains.
I was very pleased with my first attempt with the pastels but the photo isn't very good, in real life the green is very bright.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hazel, I love the fern. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful result Hazel :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Hazel - love the greens and the fern is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a gorgeous card, Hazel. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soft delicate background perfect for the sentiment.
    Gorgeous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehehe just knew you'd have to get some, they are very addictive and did you know there are 80 of them - lol.

    Love your first attempt with them.

    Thanks for playing along with us again this week over on Artful Times.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely and you have done wonders with the pastels. The sentiment is terrific as well

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely creation Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel this is a super card and love how you have kept it simple but simply beautiful Great masking and those Pan Pastels are calling out to me too !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel. Beautiful card. Love the softness of it. Enjoy your new stash.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this beautiful creation Hazel, I've not tried Oan pastels yet but now I'm itching to play.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card Hazel, great saying and I love the fern stencil. I keep being tempted by the pastels !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word, this is stunning. I've looked at these a few times but you've just converted me Hazel. I love this.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard so much about these pastels, now I am thinking I might need to get some. I love the card you have made, such a subtle green, it really is beautiful and very classy.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times with such a lovely card. Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant love the soft green background xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous - love all your greens and the sentiment is perfect with that background. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heavenly and pastels are wonderful to work with and very versatile. Glad you enjoyed Alexandra Palace have fun with your stash! Cxx

    ReplyDelete