Tuesday 9 July 2013

Vintage Stamping


I'ts the lovely Julia's turn to choose the theme for the latest Craft Room Challenge and Vintage Stamping is the theme she has chosen.

This is what she has to say about the challenge.
I love anything vintage, particularly in the craft world and I am in my element when working with this genre.  I would like to see any vintage stamping project, but just for this challenge  no cute please.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Tando Creative, who produced some of the best chipboard products (in my opinion) on the market, so a very big thank you to them.

Tando Creative
Our guest designer for July is very talented Helene aka 2amscrapper.

Here is my DT piece.


The card I used for the background is from a scalloped edged card blank that I'd messed up, I cut it to fit the card blank that I was using and I also rounded the corners of the card blank.
I started by stamping the background with Distress ink then I added some tissue tape.
I stamped the image onto white card and watercoloured it with Distress ink, I rounded the corners and edged it with vintage photo Distress ink, I also inked the edges of the background and the card blank. I adhered some lace to the image then adhered it to the background.
I added the flowers and embellishments, then I masked the image and sprayed pink, yellow and green mica spray over the flowers and lace.

The stamps I used are.
JustRite for the diamond background.
7Gypsies for the butterfly.
Flonzcraft for the main image.

As usual the rest of the Design team have made some fabulous samples so please visit the Craft Room Challenge site to take a look.



13 comments:

  1. Love your card Hazel, the background is divine. Suz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Gibson Girl - and your fresh Spring palette in the background is gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Hazel and a wonderful stamp to use

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vintage card Hazel :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your gorgeous card Hazel, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel - fab recycling of your background, soft colours and beautiful image..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colours. This is perfectly vintage!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel, beautiful card, and fab background;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and a great save of that scallop card. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, wow, this is vintage at it's very best. Your stamping as always, is wonderful. Thanks for creating such a card oozing with vintage loveliness. Hugs Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, love all the subtle pretty vintage layers and colours! Debi xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Hazel, The colours you've used for the background look wonderful, and I do like how you've used the tissue tape.

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete