Wednesday 11 July 2012

Rose ATC

I've made an ATC for my latest Creative Expressions DT piece. I used Sam Pool's lovely Butterfly Girl stamp set and the sentiment is from the Studio 490/Wendy Vecchi Sentimental Art stamp set.


I stamped the background with salty ocean and bundled sage Distress ink and the roses were stamped with shades of pink Marvi Blending Blox. The blue flourish and sentiment were stamped with french ultramarine Archival ink. I'd coloured the card that the sentiment is on by dragging the Marvi shades of pink over some white card. I stamped the butterfly girl onto some shrink plastic with black Stazon and stamped the roses and spots with fuchsia pink Stazon, masking the image before stamping. I coloured her with coloured pencils, cut her out leaving a large border round her and shrunk her with my heat gun. I adhered everything to the ATC, the sentiment was attached with sticky pads so that I could add some tiny roses behind it.

The theme for the UK Stampers July ATC swap is Roses so I've made three of my ATCs to join in the swap.

5 comments:

  1. Butterfly girl looks perfect for shrink plastic!love your colours too!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ATC, very summery colours, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel. Soooo pretty. Beautiful work.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Hazel, love the shrinkie Butterfly girl - great idea. Kimx

    ReplyDelete