Wednesday 4 July 2012

Christmas In July

I've gone all Christmassy for my Creative Expressions DT card this week using Sam Poole's Butterfly Girl and Bubblewrap stamps.


The inks that I used on the card are festive berries and mowed lawn Distress ink and black Archival. I stamped the bubble wrap stamp and spotty stamp onto a piece of white card and cut a piece to fit a red card blank, I also stamped the birds on the piece of card that was left and  cut them out. I stamped the zig zag stitch on the edge of the card. I covered the birds and card with Crystal Ice Stickles, I like the way the stickles made the distress ink run, when it was dried I added a ribbon and then adhered it to the card blank. I stamped the spots onto white card, wrapped some red thread round it, matted it onto a piece of red card and adhered it to the card blank, then I attached the birds. The greetings is a stamp from the Sam Poole's Winter Wonderland stamp set. This is a very glittery card but my photo isn't very good and doesn't show it.
Below is another version of the card without the stickles.


13 comments:

  1. these are fun christmas cards Hazel, i love how they have a summery feel, perfect for an NZ christmas, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just goes to show that the colours make all the difference would be a great all year round card in different colur ways :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the birdies, but the thought of Xmas just now makes me nervous! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel this is amazing, I cant believe the variety of stamps you have and how many techniques you know. Love this beauty , your stamping and colour choices are fabulous and love the layout and stitching.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW What a difference the stickles makes, great cards Hazel

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Hazel making a Christmas card using these images. Great colours and layout. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely Christmas card Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful use of the stamps and colours Hazel a very different Christmas card.

    Love Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Hazel, these are incredible !!! how creative to use these stamps in x-mas cards, and the stickles really makes a lovely difference...would look great against the pure white snow we have at x-mas time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely quirkiness to this card Hazel.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so different and lovely...thanks for commenting on mine..x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Hazel, love the colours! xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabby colours you chose to use Hazel. A lovely card as always.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete