Wednesday 27 June 2012

Welcome To My World

This month the Creative Expressions DT have Sam Poole's Butterfly Girl and Bubblewrap stamps to work with. I made a card for my first piece using the stamps.

I distressed the edges of some blue card and attached it to a card blank, I stamped the little spotty pattern onto some pink paper using broken china Distress ink, I used the ink to colour the edges. I sanded some blue card to take of the blue and show some of the white core, then I stamped it with the small flower and attached some pink ribbon. I stamped butterfly girl onto card and cut her out, I also stamped her onto pink paper and cut out the dress and stamped it with the spotty stamp before adhering it to the cut out image. I coloured the wings blue and covered them with stickles. For the three flowers I stamped the large rose nine times and used three for each flower. I cut one of the images full size, the next one I cut a bit smaller and the last one I cut even smaller. I crumpled each cutout flower before adhering to each other to make one flower. I hope that makes sense.



I didn't use the bubblewrap this time but for the sentiment I used Sam Poole's Art Sayings.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I didn't know you could get bubble-wrap stamps, I always use a piece of the real thing! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and a clever use of the rose stamp for sure.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these on Sam's C&C show. Love what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous and I love how you used the rose stamps and made them 3D - brilliant idea! I feel very welcome in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Hazel, love your roses and your stamping and the butterfly girl's dress. Great layout. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOvely card Hazel and the roses are fabulous well done, you do fiddly very well too LOL Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Hazel, those flowers are so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great Hazel, and I do like your flower an awful lot. This would make a great hanging for a room.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel
    That is so fresh and pretty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Hazel.
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete