Saturday, 2 October 2010
I watched Julia Andrus demonstrating the crackled paint technique at Ally Pally last weekend, and decided to give it a go. I had a plain notebook that I decided to alter. The paints I used are Ecogreen Crafts acrylic paint, I seem to be using them a lot lately. I started by taking the cover off the notebook and painting it with the colour blueberry, when it dried I spread Green Glue over the top, then when this was tacky I painted over it with the colour clam shell and painted a bit of white card at the same time. I got a lovely crackled effect when the paint dried. I then went over the paint with a bit of distress ink, broken china and wild honey. I stamped the butterfly onto the bit of card that I'd painted and used a corner punch to make the notches, then I wrapped a bit of gold thread round the card and matted it onto some black card. I stuck a bit of tissue tape and a bit of paper with words on to the notebook cover before adding the image.