Tuesday 2 September 2014

Something Old, Something New

It's time again for another Craft-Room Challenge, the theme is 'Something Old, Something New' and it has been chosen by Annie.

This is what she has to say about the challenge.
Now about this fortnights challenge........we all have some old craft items in our stash and of course we have some new ones too............ so I would like you to make something which incorporates them both............not too hard............but you are required to list what you have used within your blog post.

Our sponsor this fortnight is Crafty Individuals


I've made a card for my DT sample and my new is an Impression Obsession dragonfly background stamp and my old is a Dreamweaver dragonfly brass stencil.


I stamped the background with the Impression Obsession stamp and various Marvi  Blending Blox inks, I also stamped some crackle with black ink.
I used a Sizzix courtyard die for the die cut and added some black gems.
I used DecoArt crackle paste with the dragonfly stencil and coloured it when it was dry.
I added some organza ribbon that I'd gathered.

My teamies have made some lovely samples so please visit the Craft- Room to take a look.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful wok Hazel, love the colours and the crackle! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card Hazel-love the colour combo

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel x your card is fabulous. I love the background and colour combo, but the crackle on your dragonfly is stunning. TFS and crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hazel,I love your Dragonflies and the crackle effect with the stencil one is fantastic. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such calming colors - and that crackle is stunning on the dragonfly - so pretty :) xxx Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, everything is so feminine and delicate :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! I love the crackled dragonfly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab crackle and lovely colours - looks fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, just WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the colours and that lattice strip really adds interest! Your dragonfly...WOW, the texture and colours are simply stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel, just love that crackle dragonfly - just like the flash of colour of the real dragonflies, and the pretty colours, Debi x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Hazel ...your dragonfly looks stunning!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely texture and colours on the dragonfly Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a fabulous creation, love the crackled dragon fly.

    ReplyDelete