Monday 20 August 2012

Another Stylish Card

Here is my latest creation for Creative Expressions using the fabulous Gala Event stamp set.


I covered a card blank with paper from my stash and edged it with scattered straw and dusty concord Distress ink. I drew some black lines around the edge and added the ribbon and stamped the sentiment. I'd coloured some card with mica spray some time ago and stamped the dress twice onto it. I cut the dress out and decoupaged it and added a bow to the back. I adhered the dress onto a diecut piece of contrasting paper, I coloured the edge with Distress ink and the die that I used was a Spellbinders Labels 4 die. I added some tiny pearls to the corners.

11 comments:

  1. The way you decoupaged the dress makes it incredibly special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Hazel, wish I had a figure to fit into the dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel, love the subtle stamping in the background and the dress is gorgeous, I love the dimension and the ribbon placed at the back. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really stylish indeed, and lovely colours, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel
    Wow this is a stylish card, the dress really stands out and the background paper you made for the dress sets it off.
    1. I wish I could fit in the dress
    2. I wish I had somewhere to go in the dress
    Love love love
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is terrific Hazel--I thought the dress was a thick emblie it stands out so well and the idea of adding the ribbon at the waist is brilliant. Love all of it

    Chrissie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dresses are devine Hazel :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very stylish indeed - gorgeous

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really striking Hazel, I love the decoupaged dress - it definitely is so very stylish :-)

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decoupaged dress, the subtle colour change from top to bottom is beautiful! I think this is my fav stamp in the whole set!

    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paying catch up.
    Love how you have done this dress- it looks absolutely fabulous and fits on that die cut perfectly.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete