Tuesday 12 June 2012

Furry Four Legged Family

Thank you everyone that joined in with our Birthday Blog Hop, we had some fabulous entries. I don't envy Julia having to choose her top three. I'll be putting names into my hat this week and will draw out the winner of my prize and I'll announce the winner next Tuesday June 19th.

The theme for the latest Craft Room Challenge is Our Furry Four Legged Family and this has been chosen by Zoe. The sponsor for the challenge is Tando Creative.


I have a cat and a couple of dogs at home and couldn't decide what to use on my card, then I remembered that one of my favourite stamps is a cat stamp by The Artistic Stamper, so I decided to use this on my DT card.


I covered a square card blank with two coordinating papers, then after rounding the corners I went round the edge with walnut stain Distress ink.
The latest Just Us Girls challenge is an acrylic distress technique challenge. I must say I enjoyed this doing this technique and will definitely be doing it again. I embossed some card with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then I painted it with clam shell Eco Green acrylic paint, when it was dry I sanded the paint of the embossing and then sponged walnut stain over the top and removed the excess with a damp cloth. They have a tutorial on this technique on the JUG's blog.
The cat was stamped onto patterned paper with coffee Archival ink, then diecut and matted onto a larger diecut piece of card that I edged with walnut stain. I stamped the meow but have no idea who made the stamp. I embellished the card with ribbon, silver charm and flowers from my stash.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges.
Just Us Girls Acrylic distress technique challenge.
St Luke's Charity Challenge Our Little Furry Friends
Simon Says Stamp And Show Anything Goes

I'm looking forward to looking at your creations, the rest of the Design Team have made some lovely samples so why not pop over the the Craft Room to have a look.

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Hazel. Love that technique and will have to give it a go. Lovely little cat charm :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, you have created yet another wonderful card. I love that stamp, and I will certainly be trying your distress technique. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel,
    beautiful card, cute cat and charm;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. The JUG technique is brilliant and looks fantastic on this. Love the cat stamp but then I would wouldn't I LOL XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel this is gorgeous and the cat stamp is amazing ! Great design and beautifully co ordinated papers on this lovely card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card Hazel, I love cats and miss mine dreadfully, glad to hear you have dogs too, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job! Great cat! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel.
    I thought i would pop by as i have a little time tonight, just wanted to say a huge thank you for your thoughtful comment on my blog. I do hope i will find more time to come and visit now and then, but in the meantime .... thank you so much.
    I am loving this pussycat card too, its beautiful
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your wonderfull Kitty card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the colors and the image of the kitty is really beautifull Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card and a lovely kitty image...thank you for joining in our challenge over at St LUkes

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rather like your kitty, and the super embossed background too. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and the colours you`ve chosen.
    Thanks for joining us at St Lukes.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete