Monday 1 October 2018

Mixed Media Art Journal Page

October already, this year's just racing by. My DT piece for this months Altered Eclectics challenge is an art journal page. As always the theme for the challenge is Altered Art/Mixed Media.


I started colouring the background with Gelatos but didn't like the effect so I covered it with gesso and used a brayer to add some acrylic paint. I stencilled some Archival ink and acrylic paint and then added some background stamping. The large flower was stamped onto some patterned paper and cut out. After I adhered the flower to the page I coated it with matte medium then I coloured the flower with pitt pens. I added the word stickers. The flower stamp is by Paperartsy.

Thank you for dropping by, have a lovely day. xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful page, love those fab colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous mixed media page Hazel the colours are awesome.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel. - lovely art journal page. Beautiful colours and design. Have a creative week Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous - the rainbow colours swirling in the background are amazing, yet the flower still pops beautifully over the top.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete