Saturday 22 October 2016

Down In The Dungeon

My latest piece for the Craft Barns Design Team is a Halloween journal page.


I used a piece of mixed media card and stencilled the Tim Holtz wall with modeling paste, then I gave it a coat of gesso.


I painted the wall with watered down acrylic paint and spritzed with water, drying the wall between each colour, I also used a little brimstone wings Color Bloom.


I fastened some chain to the wall with brads and put some jump rings on the ends. I used some quinacridone gold paint to make it look like the metal had rusted.


I stamped some Carabelle Studio images onto white card using black Archival ink , coloured them with pencil and cut them out, the glass dome was stamped onto acetate and cut out, the Flonz Craft skeletons were stamped onto card and cut out, the knife was hand drawn.


The Table was stamped with an Impression Obsession stamp and distress ink. I stamped the mad doctor with a Stampers Anonymous stamp, I cut him out so that he looked like he was holding the knife, I cut his head of and added the skull.  I added some gauze, die cut spiders, a Tando pumpkin, some red paint for blood and some graffiti on the walls


Below are some close ups.




Ingredients.

Decoart - modeling paste.
Decoart - gesso.
Decoart - acrylic paint.
Tim Holtz - bricked stencil.
Color Bloom - brimstone wings.
Carabelle Studio - cabinet of curiosities stamp set.
Impression Obsession - woodgrain stamp.
Tando - pumpkins.
Archival Ink - Black

Thank you for dropping by, have a lovely day.
xxx Hazel.


8 comments:

  1. This is unique! Out of this world --- so cool done Hazel!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy dungeon scene, your wall is fantastic. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe - this is great Hazel, love those brads and chains xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific Hazel and the wall background is wonderful

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Hazel, this is a fabulous project. wonderful images and spooky details.
    Would you like to join our Halloween fun over at TioT's as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightfully spooky. Thanks for sharing the steps on how you created this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Spooky! You've used some great techniques. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete