Thursday 28 April 2016

S Is For Sea Shore

S is the latest letter in the Craft Barns Alpha/Dictionary challenge, but there is a twist this time we  have to add a shell.

Here is my postcard.


I covered my postcard with a yellow gelli print and brayered some blue acrylic paint for the sea and sky. I stamped the pier, letter S, corner shell, seagulls and quote directly onto the postcard. The girl was stamped onto white paper, coloured with pencil and cut out before being glued to the card. I added the dictionary definition and coloured the seagulls with a white marker.
The stamps I used are
Creative Expressions - pier and seagulls.
Crafty Individuals - shell.
The Stamp Bug - quote.
Elusive Images/Chocolate Baroque - the letter S.
The girl I'm not sure about.

Have a lovely day and thank you for looking.
xxx Hazel.

20 comments:

  1. Wow I love this Hazel. It really did bring back memories and made me think of my holidays in Brighton as a child. I love the way you've brayered the blue over the gelli print. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely seaside theme and I love that pier stamp - Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page and the tongue twister fits it very well. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiufl scene Hazle! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel, this is a beautiful postcard! I love how you created the sand and water and sky and got each to blend so beautifully into the other. The shell in the corner blends into the scene perfectly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Hazel, wonderful background and love the stamps you used, perfect for the theme! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page with great words

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant scene, just like a postcard in fact! I love how you mixed your stamps to get this cohesive result.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, fab pier stamp, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you've incorporated the shell onto your postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic postcard, love the scene you created.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great postcard, love all the elements which really come together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww this is lovely, I can almost smell the sea.
    Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This blew me away. Now I'm not much of a stamper, but I can tell you are and you must have a huge array of stamps. The entire postcard looked like it was something you would actually buy at the beach. And the little girl was fussy cut brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab beach scene. It's really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great postcard and love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous postcard Hazel, I loved this challenge, love anything seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely scene, the yellow is perfect for a sandy beach and the pier stamp is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely little scene Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have created a fabulous scene. Love it!

    ReplyDelete