Friday 26 February 2016

A Red Red Rose

Good morning everyone, not done much crafting for awhile as some nasty bug has laid me low for a couple of weeks but I'm getting better and have started to feel human again. Today I'm sharing a journal page that I've made for the Art Journal Journey challenge - If Music Be The Food Of Love. I've taken my inspiration from the Robert Burns poem "A Red Red Rose".


I covered my page with a piece of gift wrap.


Then I gave it a coat of gesso using a brayer. I used a My Craft Studio silhouette image for the couple  and added some tissue wrap music and some roses cut out of the gift wrap that I had left. I printed the Robert Burns poem.


Here is the poem,sorry it's a bit blurred.


Thank you for looking.
xxx Hazel.

7 comments:

  1. I am thrilled about this. Fantastic what you made with this gift wrap! Stunning!!!
    Hope you feel really better now - take care of yourself!
    Thank you so much for all the support to
    Art Journal Journey Hazel!
    Happy weeken!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Hazel! Hugs Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you haven't been well Hazel..this is very beautiful with great use of the paper


    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,stunning page you created,iam love this couple and roses.
    hope you feeling better now-take care of yourself.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of the gift wrap Hazel, your page is beautiful!
    Hope you're feeling much better now. Will miss you at Stamperama tomorrow!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely journal page Hazel! Sorry to hear you've been unwell, sending healing energy and some virtual chicken soup! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better. Just love this page! xx

    ReplyDelete