Monday 21 September 2015

Mixed Media Mojo - Art Journal Monday

Good morning all. I hope you all had a good weekend, I went to Alexandra Palace on Saturday, didn't spend to much but it was lovely meeting up with blogging friends.

Today it's my turn to post for Mixed Media Mojo - Art Journal Monday. This page was inspired by Jenni Niemi, I've been watching her videos on You Tube.


I started by spreading acrylic paint over the page.


I did some stencilling and stamping over the page.


Then I drew the face and stamped some flowers.


I painted round the face and flowers leaving the background showing, then I painted the face.


I coloured round the face with Faber-Castell Pitt pens and did some doodling round the flowers and on her hair. I stamped some small flowers and script on the background, I also added some shading to the face.


I must admit that I'm pleased with the result as it's the first face I've done. I hope you like it.

I'd like to share my face with Kim Dellow's - Show Your Face.

Thank you for looking.

xxx Hazel.

7 comments:

  1. I would never have known that was your first face. She is beautiful and I love the beautiful floral masterboard you started with too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful Hazel, great techniques! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! Fabulous work Hazel and I love seeing your stages too. Wonderful. Thanks for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Loving all those layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to create the face with all that background detail becoming part of the image rather than just background (if you see what I mean!). She's beautiful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete