Sunday 12 July 2015

Pony Express

This months theme over at Art Journal Journey is Post and Postage. I immediately thought of the Pony Express, don't ask me why.

Here is my journal page.


The image of the rider and the sign are off the Internet. I drew and cut out the cactus.

 

I created the background with acrylic paint and an old credit card.


A close up of the sign.


My dad use to collect American stamps and I have a bag full of his spare stamps, I decided that there must be one with a Pony Express rider on it and after what seemed like hours sifting through them I found one.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful page Hazel, and a great idea with the pony express. I,too, have spent hours sifting through boxes of stamps for this challenge! Thanks for linking your lovely creation to Art Journal Journey, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous... that's an adventure ! Love your Pony Express page Hazel and I can imagine how much time it had taken to find this special postage stamp in a whole bag of stamps-lol!
    Thank you so much for an unique entry to Post & Postage over at Art Journal Journey!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a bit of Wild West imagery. Your hand drawn cacti and scraped paint background look so good. And what a great way to use one of your dad's stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yee-Haw! Love this Hazel :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic ideas on this wonderful page Hazel

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the amount of detail that you got in this page. I really love the colors as well as the sign. Amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever. I think you really captured the importance of mail in our lives, even though the Pony Express was over 100 years ago. People need their mail. Fabulous sketch too.

    ReplyDelete