For my DT piece this month I decided to turn some Amazon packaging into a colourful folder.
This is the packaging I started with.
I started by covering everything with white gesso and then painted it with acrylic paint.
I then scraped some gesso over it using a credit card. I left some of the colour showing and added some shapes and lines using my finger and small brush I also used a stencil in places. I stamped some flowers [Chocolate Baroque] onto book paper and cut them out and glued them to the piece keeping some aside for later.
I then added more colour until I was pleased with the result and then I added some black script. I used a mixture of Fresco Finish, DecoArt and Reeves acrylic paint.
I painted the inside of the folder and glued down the flaps, then I added some of the spare flowers.
I decided to use a magnetic closure so I glued in the magnets and covered the magnet on the front with a flower, then I glued a couple of flowers to card so that they were more sturdy, I glued these to the front and back of the magnet on the flap.
This is the back of the folder.
This is a close up of the paintwork,
Why not pop over the the Altered Eclectic Challenge to see the fabulous pieces that the rest of DT have made.