Saturday 16 March 2013

KCUK Deco Swap

The KCUK 2013 Deco Book Swap is well under way and I'd like to share the pages that I made for June - her theme is Steampunk, in fact steampunk is the theme for a few of the members in my group.


I coloured the background with old paper Distress ink direct to the card and used dusty concord and vintage photo to stamp the images.
I covered some card with aluminium foil. I stamped the main image onto card and coloured with Promarkers and stamped it again onto the metal card with black Stazon. I went over the stamping with an embossing tool and then cut out parts of the images and adhered them over the coloured image. I did the moth in the same way. I embellished the page with cogs and chain and I gave her a hat cut out of the metal card.
The stamps that I used are
7Gypsies and Creative Expressions for the background.
Non Sequitur for the main image.
PaperArtsy for the moth.


I coloured the card with spun sugar Distress ink direct to the card and used victorian velvet and vintage photo to stamp the background. The flower and leaves were stamped onto the metal card with black Stazon and cut out. I stamped the lady and coloured her with spiced marmalade then cut her out. I embellished the card with cogs.
Stamps that I used are
Scrolls Work, 7Gypsies and PaperArtsy for the background.
Stampington for the lady.
PaperArtsy for the flower.

9 comments:

  1. brilliant Hazel - very imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful steampunk art! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous steampunk pieces Hazel, love your use if metal, particularly in her dress. Great designs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Owww I like these Hazel :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. terrific steampunk art Hazel. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel, when it comes to steam-punkness . . . you rock. I love how you put it all together. Great work!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work Hazel and some very inspiring ideas.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete