Tuesday 19 February 2013

Something For A Man

Something For A Man is the theme that Julia has chosen for the latest Craft-Room Challenge.

Flonzcraft are our sponsors for the challenge. They are based in New Zealand and make wonderful stamps


Last year I went to an Andy Skinner workshop where we altered a book box so for the challenge I decided to alter a wooden calendar to go with it.


 I painted the calendar with gesso then adhered some chipboard cogs. I then painted it black and when it was dry brushed it with some DecoArt metalic paint, I also added some gold Rub and Buff. I added a couple of metal cogs and a game spinner.
I coloured the month and date blocks with Distress stain but I don't like them so I'm going to change them - I'll probably give them the same finish as the base.

The rest of the DT have made some fabulous samples so why not visit the Craft-Room to take a look.

20 comments:

  1. Hazel,,, love your calendar. It looks so professional....something you'd find in one of those trendy knicky knack shops. Fab! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really brilliant Hazel !
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic piece Hazel--any man would that for his desk.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hazel, fabulous project!
    I have the same calendar still in white;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks magnificent, Hazel. Though I do agree the date blocks need the same finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is an awesome masculine creation and so practical as well.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning piece of art this is so clever in the way it has been altered and I just love how it looks. LOVE LOVE LOVE it
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful piece! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh Hazel that's fabulous. it really looks like it should do something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just knew this was Andy Spinner inspired as soon as I saw it! It is brilliant XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely awesome! I love this, what a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel, wow this is amazing. I wondered how you had created this when I saw the preview, you can see the Andy Skinner influence here, just fabulous. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAB! looks like it's been there forever- perfect vintage steampunk, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fab Hazel - and I think the date blocks look great ! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is stunning Hazel! I love how you've altered this, the cogs look fantastic!

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super project, love it. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has blown me away.
    An incredible altered project that looks so authentic, as though you discovered it in an old house or loft.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I new as soon as I saw this the inspiration ;-). I love it.its a great choice to be altered and fits the whole steam punk image brilliantly.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, I thought this was made with antique bits! You did a really great job giving it an aged look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete