Wednesday 13 February 2013

Gung Hay Fat Choy

Artful Times are celebrating the Chinese New Year for their latest challenge, it's the Year Of The Snake so Gung Hay Fat Choy everyone.
For the challenge I've made a bookmark.


For my bookmark I used a Dreamweaver Stencil and Translucent Embossing Paste.
I placed the stencil onto some white card and stippled it with different coloured inks, then I spread the paste over. When the paste had dried I stamped some bamboo leaves and added a charm, then I adhered it to a larger piece of card and added the tassel.

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic stippled effect, Hazel. And a suitably elegant bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bookmark,love the stencil work.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Hazel - really must dig out my embossing pastes!! Great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful bookmark Hazel can't say I know the "translucent" paste but it's a lovely effect :)
    Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel this is just fabulous I adore this amazing design !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so loving your beautiful asian design, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning so clean looking I love it. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I am so late blame it on the jet lag please, but what a beautiful entry for our challenge I found when I got to your page. Never thought of using translucent sate and stencilling underneath. Absolutely fabulous as always.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times,
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete