Thursday 12 July 2012

Zebra Card

This is one of my latest DT pieces for Gecko Galz.


I used an image from the Vintage Travel collage sheet and the Sunshine Day background paper.
After printing the background paper I changed it's colour to orange and printed a copy.
I covered a card blank with the orange paper, then I embossed the zebra skin with a Dreamweaver zebra texture stencil and went over the raised areas with some black ink, then I matted it onto some black card. I cut a circle from the yellow paper using a Spellbinders circle die. The main image was matted onto black card. I stamped the zebra with black Archival and cut it out. I strung some beads and attached them to the card.
I have no idea what make the stamps are that I used.

7 comments:

  1. Very cool and striking card Hazel- Love it, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOvely, wild zebra card, gorgeous colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some clever ideas on this card Hazel-it is very striking.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel. Fantastic! So unusal. Love the design.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great use of colour and texture Hazel :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and so HOT!!! Love the african animal theme too! The beads running down the edge are simple wonderful Hazel, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a striking card. I love how you have used the zebra theme throughout.
    (Thanks for the wishes) - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete