Tuesday 24 July 2012

Buttons and Bows

It's time for another Craft-Room Challenge and it's the talented Debi who has chosen the theme this fortnight and she has chosen Buttons and Bows.


At the Craft Barn Extravaganza the other week I watched Jean Hardy from Crafty Individuals demonstrating with Transfer Artist Paper, so I spent my money and decided to try it out on my card.
I edged my card blank with victorian velvet and aged mahogany Distress Ink. I adhered a piece of Kraft Resist paper and some lace. I stamped the image onto the Transfer Artist Paper and transfered it onto my piece of material with a hot Iron. I frayed the edges and adhered it to the card. I embellished the card with ribbon and buttons. I made the heart by melting some friendly plastic into a heart mould. The stamp that I used is by Crafty Individuals. For the sentiment I used a stamp from Sam Poole's Art Sayings.

Our sponsor for the challenge is the lovely Liz Welch from Rarebird and the prize for the challenge is a fabulous Friendly Plastic kit.


I hope you have fun with the challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing your creations. Why not visit the Craft-Room to see what the rest of the talented Design Team have made.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel what a beauty, I may have to invest in some TAP as this looks beautiful. Love the dash of pink ribbon and scattering of buttons. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, that is so delicate and beautiful. Love it, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hazel. Your DT piece is gorgeous as usual! I love the focal image stamped onto the "fabric" - is that right(?) and your border of buttons! Suzanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant card! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also bought some of this tap too - it's wonderful stuff isn't it?! Love the vintage look and all the elements. Gorgeous.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful elegant card I love all the trimmings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, that fabrics looks lovely.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd been thinking about getting some TAP. Looks like it really works a treat. You've made a stunning card, Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Hazel and am very much 'in to' sewing at the moment (as you know). Love all the tiny buttons down the side and I must find out more about the artists transfer stuff - not sure why it is better than stamping directly on to fabric.

    Ann B
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    One of my favourite CI stamps.
    On fabric it is even more special.
    A stunning card, so delicate.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Hazel, I love how clear the image looks with the TAP, and the FP heart is gorgeous.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how crisp the image has come out on the fabric clever stuff that paper :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's a lovely clear transfer Hazel and I need that gorgeous lace that you used. lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arrre that wonderful transfer paper isn't it terrific. Certainly looks great here on your lovely card XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Hazel, haven't tried transfer paper but have always been very tempted..yours looks fabulous, gorgeous image and love the embelishments..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Hazel and I love how your image is on fabric, looks like we'll all be wanting a go with the transfer paper :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this Hazel, like Esther I haven't tried the transfer paper, but it will soon be on my list of things to try. Just love everything about this. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, love your image on the fabric - so worth mastering a new technique for. What a lovely, vintage look - super!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hazel this is amazing ! Love the image and the result with the fabric is fabulous ! Such a gorgeous creation.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Hazel. Gorgeous Card. Fab design.
    Rgards Florence x

    ReplyDelete