Thursday 7 June 2012

Inspire and Create

This week I've made a card for my latest Creative Expressions DT piece. I've used Sam Poole's Art Sayings stamps together with the background stamp from Studio 490/Wendy Vecchi Sentimental Art set.
Before I show you my card I'd like to mention that Creative Expressions has a new News Blog, so if you want to keep up with all the latest news from Creative Expressions you can find the blog here.


The only ink that I've used is peacock feathers Distress Ink and Reinker.
I started by matting a piece of turquoise card onto a white card blank, then I inked the edges and then distressed the edges.
I stamped the main image onto card and cut it into three pieces, I matted these onto turquoise card, then I matted them onto some spotty card from my stash and then I matted this onto the main card.
I dyed some seam binding with a blob of reinker spritzed with water. I left the binding wrinkled and adhered some to the card.
I used a Spellbinders die to cut the spotty flower, the other two flowers are from my stash. I coloured them and covered them with ice stickles, it  doesn't really show in the photo that the flower is very glittery, when the stickles had dried I layered the flowers, attached a gem to the centre, then adhered it to the card with a couple of leaves that I'd cut with a die from the Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose set, then I added the words.



10 comments:

  1. Love how you have cut up the background into strips Hazel, very effective along with the gorgeous colour and layout. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Hazel. Love those colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours Hazel and the peacock feather ink pad is my current fav.
    Lovely card
    Ann
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hazel, peacock Feathers is my current favourite colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Hazel. Have fun with your new book :o)
    Hugs, Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohhh Hazel, such a beautiful creation, just love the dreamy colours. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, gorgeous colours

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gotta love that colour Hazel used to perfection :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card Hazel, Like how you created the background
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete