Tuesday 3 April 2012

Music Man

It's my turn to choose the theme for this fortnights Craft-Room Challenge and the theme I've chosen is Music.
The sponser for the challenge is Tando Creative.


Before I show you my DT piece I'd like to thank all of you that took part in the Bling Glitter and Sparkle challenge, we had some fabulous entries.


For my DT piece I made a hanging.
I used mountboard for the base and coloured it with various colours of Distress ink and I used a couple of Crafters Workshop masks to give the base a bit of a pattern.
I stamped the poster, G man, guitar and Music Man onto card, cut them out and coloured them with vintage photo Distress ink. The rest of the images were stamped dirictly onto the base.
I painted the Tando Creative chipboard word music and the chipboard music at the bottom with black acrylic paint and attached them to the base.

The stamps that I used are,
PaperArtsy, the one man band, music man and G man.
Hampton art, the jazz band, poster and jazz age.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely work, Hazel. Love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece, the elements you have used all flow together so well! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, Love your hanging ! Beautiful inking and colours, great for a chap, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful with the layers you built up on the background along and I have to say the composition is stunning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel wow ....this is so different its fabulous well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so beautiful Hazel, I love how you have created the background - that's something else I need to improve on. You have a wonderful way with colour. Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great piece - everything works so well and love the colours..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific theme this fortnight Hazel so much scope! Your tag is fabulous love that jazz band stamp XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great theme Hazel and your hanging is fabulous,
    I 'd hand it to my room, so gorgeous;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is stunning Hazel! I love how you've used these stamps and the Tando, and your background is fantastic.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel sorry I have been missing in action and I do thank you for all of the fantastic comments you leave. Have had huge problems with blogger and have moved to wordpress. Hope to see you there !! Great idea for the challenge and your hanging is fabulous.There are some great stamps on here and love the collage effect. You are such a clever lady.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool Hazel! love all the details and colours, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Hazel music to my ears Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Hazel this is Superb!! Love those black cuts. Must keep my eyes open for them. Hugs

    NIKKI

    ReplyDelete