Friday 23 March 2012

Bella Rose

Hi everybody, what a beautiful day - I hope the sun is shining wherever you are. I'd like to say hello and welcome to my new followers and to say hello to the followers that have been with me for awhile, I really do appreciate you wanting to follow me.


This is my latest DT card for Creative Expressions and also my last one using the lovely Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose stamp and die set.
The colour of the roses was inspired by the beautiful roses that my daughter gave me for Mothers Day.


I coloured the rose stamp with Whispers felt tips and wrapped and tied some gold cord around the stems after they had been die cut, the flourish and leaves had been coloured with peeled paint Distress ink.
For the background I put various colours of distress ink onto my craft mat and sprayed with water then I coloured my piece of card. After it was dry I stamped the little rosebud with water to take of some of the colour. I think you can just about make them out.
I added some lace and gold blingy things.

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love those colours, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel what a gorgeous card and image , loving the lace Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful card Hazel :) it all works so well together
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the card and their inspiration are simply stunning, Hazel. Love the die cut flourishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those warm colours and no wonder you were inspired by the roses, they are beautiful.
    Have a great, sunny weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Hazel, beautiful and so true to the colours of roses that inspired you in the first place

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background is just gorgeous, sumptuous is the word that comes to mind. The piece of lace is the perfect addition.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the roses you made, and the ones your daughter bought you, are beautiful! I adore this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Hazel! I love your background, it's really effective.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours on your card Hazel! The roses from Lizzie are stunning! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly beautiful card Hazel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hazel, I love your blog - beautiful creations! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours Hazel and great background too!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. completely gorgeous hazel :-) debi x

    ReplyDelete