Thursday 25 August 2011

Playing With Spray Inks

The August challenge for the Voila Ink group at Bella Creations is to use spray ink on your project. I used Adirondack Color Wash.
I started by attaching a Crafters Workshop tree mask to a piece of white card and sprayed it with lettuce and cranberry, then I removed the mask and sprayed it with butterscotch. When the ink had dried I distressed the edges and went round them with forest moss Distress ink. I stamped the butterflies at the bottom and stamped some extra onto a piece of coloured card and cut them out.  I covered the butterflies with clear rock candie Distress Stickles and attached them to the card with foam pads and added some sticky backed gems to their bodies. I put some sari ribbon down the left hand side and attached the whole thing to a white card blank that I'd coloured the edges with forest moss Distress ink.
The stamps that I used are Tim Holtz Stampers anonymous.

12 comments:

  1. Ooo love this Hazel. Very rich colours. I too have that mask, may just give this a try, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the stencil and the rich coloured sprays. Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel. Beautiful Card. Really creative.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Hazel! Love those butterflies and the colors you used on your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The autumnal colours are glorious.
    Beautiful.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Hazel! I love the butterflies and the colors you used on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Hazel this is amazing ! Just love the effect and colours you have achieved here simply stunning.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous piece Hazel, love the colours! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lke you had a lot of fun making your card Hazel :) Beautiful
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel this is just wonderful. The colours are amazing, as usual you are the queen of colour. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is something about this card; I just love it more and more every time I see it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, warm and rich Hazel. I am hopeless with sprays - we just do not get on. Yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete