Tuesday 26 July 2011

Craft-Room Challenge No 5 Summer Holidays.

It's my turn to choose the theme for the 5th CRAFT-ROOM CHALLENGE and I have chosen SUMMER HOLIDAYS. It seemed appropriate for this time of year with schools closing for the summer and people jet setting of here there and everywhere. For my sample I had a trip down memory lane, have a visit to the Craft-Room Challenge blog to see the fabulous samples that the other Design Team members have done.
For my sample I was going to make a card with the Crafty Individuals stamped image, I love this stamp because it reminds me of holidays that I had when I was a child, every year we went to Blackpool and the little girl reminds me of me sat on a donkey. Then I remembered that a few years ago I scanned some of my dads slides and there was a slide of me and my sister sat on donkeys, so I printed it, then I remembered that a few years ago we took the kids to Blackpool for the weekend so I printed a couple the photo's that we took then, so my card turned into a 10"x8" canvas. I painted the canvas with acrylic paint and distressed the edges of the photo's and edged them with vintage photo Distress ink. All the stamps that I used are Crafty Individuals, the shell, seaside and fish are all one image that I tore into three pieces and coloured them with dried marigold and broken china Distress ink. I attached all the photo's to the canvas together with some coloured matereal and some shells. Then I added some die cut letters.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful and it would look lovely hanging on your wall. Great memory. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel- what a great theme you've chosen for this challenge- I love this piece you've created it's a real WOW !!!! Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great theme and a wonderful canvas! Lots of nice memories there! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, this is superb, love those tiny shells, the texture and colour on this piece is gorgeous
    If you get time, please pop by my Dezinaworld blog today as i have a free collage sheet for everyone. I hope you will like it. Have a great day !
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't imagine anyone having fond memories of Blackpool, lol, but this is great. Evocative memories - how things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully collaged trip down memory lane.... where's my cornet?
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this canvas it is such a warm and wonderful tribute to your family holidays. Have to smile at your all wrapped up warm on the prom, happy days XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is stunning Hazel! The colours look so perfect, and it's a lovely keepsake to hang on your wall. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous canvas Hazel, bet it brought back memories as you were putting it together.

    Please accept my apologies for not visiting the last few weeks, I've been soooo busy I don't know if I'm coming or going!!!!

    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again Hazel, Love this and I think you will treasure it for many years and probably pass it down, lovely work, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel,you have created yet another masterpiece. The collage effect is simply stunning. You're one clever lady.
    Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art is amazing. I love your style and the colors that you use makes a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete