Wednesday 20 April 2011

Grungy Monday 4


The theme for this weeks Grungy Monday challenge over at Studio L3 is Texture Fades and Distress. You can see Tim Holtz demonstrating it here. I'm also going to enter it for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, their theme this week is to show a Lord Tim Of Holtz technique.
I started by spreading some mustard seed and worn lipstick Distress ink over a postcard texture fade and then embossed some cream card with it.Then I went over the embossing with some vintage photo Distress ink. I coloured some card with mustard seed, worn lipstick, tumbled glass and vintage photo Distress ink and stamped the images. After cutting the images out I attached them to the card together with a mini postcard from my stash and a metal tag.
The stamps I used are
Clarity Stamps, the Eiffel Tower.
Stampers Anonymous, the car and words.
Invoke Arts for the rest of the images.

13 comments:

  1. Fsbulous background! I love all the travel themed embellishments you used on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grate background,
    love the travel theme,
    Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel! LOVE your entry into Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Thanks for joining us! Your texture fade background and the colors you chose for it is wonderful! All of your elements you put on top of it are perfect! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great piece of work, you've executed the travel theme wonderfully! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your postcard plate, it really works up well. I didn't recognize the potential in that TF until seeing your card, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea and I love that car, I need that car - lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Hazel, lovely colours and brill bellies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the TF background, I don't have that one yet,love all the collage travel elements.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all these stunning layers of grunginess! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I love the travel theme. It all fits together so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stamps, lovely colour scheme and the layout is superb. Love travel and you have captured the theme perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love all the elements on this piece Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel,
    I am a huge fan of vintage travel as a theme in artwork. The colours are such a great choice.
    Excellent.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete